1950's-60's Trifari Silver Leaves Necklace
4E211.28

$125.00


Trifari Silver Leaves Necklace with extension chain. Trifari used the capital T with crown on top hang tag for their necklaces and bracelets in the 1950's and 60's. The tag is shown here in the second picture.

16" length

Trifari was founded in 1925 by Gustavo Trifari, Leo F. Krussman and Carl M. Fishel, in New York, 377 Fifth Avenue. Trifari has been one of the most respected and admired producers of costume jewelry  in the United States. Founded in the 1910's by Gustavo Trifari, the Italian-immigrant son of a Napoli goldsmith, the company has designed jewelry that’s been worn by countless high-profile clients, from Mamie Eisenhower to Madonna. The success of Trifari, and the reason for its collectibility today, is most often credited to French designer Alfred Philippe, the company’s chief designer from 1930 until 1968. His use of invisible settings for stones, which he originally developed for Van Cleef and Arpels, added a level of craftsmanship and technique that had not been previously seen in costume jewelry.